Government Representation, Municipal Law, Land Use Law, Elder Law, Guardianships & Adoption, Wills and Estate Planning
Gwen has spent more than 30 years working with governmental bodies and with families in transition. She has a long-standing interest in how local governments balance the competing interests found in land use decisions and in local government operations, in general. Working with elected officials has been a principle focus of her legal career. She also handled divorce work for 30 years and continues to handle adoptions and guardianships.
Gwen now applies what she has learned during her career about families and personal finance to legal issues affecting the elderly that arise in a planned or unplanned manner, including estate planning and long or short term Medical Assistance eligibility planning, including advocacy and planning for caregiver/community spouses.
Gwen and her husband have two grown children, and they recently became grandparents. Gwen enjoys following Brewers baseball and Badger basketball, and is always grateful for time spent with family and friends.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Wisconsin (1984)
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin – River Falls (B.S., 1977)
- William Mitchell College of Law (J.D., 1984)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- St. Croix Valley Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- NAELA (National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys)
- WINAELA (Wisconsin National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys)
- Wisconsin Towns Association