Serious Accidents & Personal Injury, Insurance Disputes, Family Law & Divorce
Dan Murray is a trial lawyer who has dedicated his career to zealously advocating for the rights of individuals and small businesses and obtaining the best possible result on each and every case. To each client matter, Dan brings over 20 years of successful courtroom experience practicing law in many counties throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota. He is also a seasoned mediator who utilizes this experience to negotiate positive outcomes for clients.
Dan is committed to the broad community in which he works and lives, and is a member of the local Kiwanis and Lions Clubs, volunteer coach for youth athletics, member of the Wisconsin Association for Justice, and since 1993 has represented disadvantaged clients pro bono for the Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services/Ramsey County Volunteer Attorney Program.
In addition to representing individuals and small businesses in Wisconsin and Minnesota with family-law matters and a wide-variety of personal injury, disability, insurance, business and property damage claims, Dan has extensive legal experience in many other states throughout the country in complex litigation and appellate matters including successfully representing dairy farmers against electric utilities, cooperatives, and large insurance companies on a variety of agricultural-damage cases involving stray voltage/stray electricity, faulty milking equipment, and deficient feed.
- Family Law, divorce, custody, child placement, paternity, and adoption
- Serious accidents, wrongful death, electrocution
- Personal injuries, including brain and back injuries, disfigurement, and burns
- Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, boating accidents, and farm accidents
- Disability cases, including social security benefits
- Agricultural issues, stray voltage, milking machine, and defective feed cases
- Property damage, business and real estate litigation
- Lawsuits against insurance companies, including coverage disputes and bad faith claims
Licenses and Certifications:
- Wisconsin State Bar, September 1993, Bar Number: 1022103
- Minnesota State Bar, May 1994, Bar Number: 244612
- United States District Court: Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- United States District Court: District of Minnesota
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, MN (J.D.,1993)
- Hamline University, St. Paul, MN (M.P.A.– Master’s of Arts in Public Administration, 1999)
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI (B.S.– Economics & Political Science, 1989)
Papers and Publications
- Divorce and Family Law Weblog: Western Wisconsin
- Member Wisconsin Association for Justice;
- Member of the Wisconsin Association of Mediators; Qualified Neutral: MN Rule 114;
- River Falls Lions Club (President 2008-2009; Lion of the Year 2012-2013; Knight of Sight Fellowship 2014);
- St. Croix Valley Bar Association (President 1999-2000);
- Hudson Kiwanis Club, Founding Member;
- Hudson Hockey Association Board Member and Tryout Committee Chair 2012-2015.